Last Updated: October 30, 2018
Information We Collect From You
We collect information you provide to us. For example, if you provide us feedback or contact us via email, we will collect your name and email address, as well as any other content included in the email, in order to send you a reply. If you sign up for our mailing list or newsletter, we will collect your name, email address, age and country of origin. We also collect personal information at other points on our Sites that state that personal information is being collected. In certain cases, we require certain personal information to provide a particular service (for example, your email address when you sign up to our mailing list). We will inform you where this is the case when we collect that information.
Information We Collect Automatically
When you visit our Sites, some information is automatically collected. For example, when you visit our Sites your computer’s operating system, Internet Protocol (IP) address, access times, browser type and language, and the website you visited before our site are logged automatically. We also collect information about your usage and activity on our Sites.
A cookie may be a ‘session’ cookie, that is, a cookie that remains on your device or browser while you are logged on to a particular web site and then disappears when you close your browser, or it may be a ‘persistent’ cookie, a cookie that remains on your browser over a period of time. Information from a cookie may be collected and used in aggregate form.
Some cookies are served directly by Amazentis, and others are served by third parties, such as by advertising and data analytics providers.
We use the following types of cookies:
These types of cookies are necessary for us to configure parts of our Site without making wholesale changes and disruption.
Analytics cookies – Google Analytics
USE OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We use personal information collected through our Sites for purposes described in this Policy or disclosed to you on our Sites or in connection with our services. In particular, we use your information to:
- operate and improve our Sites, products, and services;
- understand you and your preferences to enhance your experience and enjoyment using our Sites, products, and services;
- respond to your comments and questions and provide customer service;
- provide and deliver products and services you request;
- to send you related information, including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- communicate with you about new contests, promotions, rewards, upcoming events, and other news about products and services offered by Amazentis and our selected partners;
Where we rely on our legitimate interests as described above, we take steps to ensure we do not disproportionately infringe your rights. If you want to find out more about these steps, or to object to those uses of your personal data, you can contact us using the details set out below.
We may create anonymized data records from your personal information such that you can no longer be identified using any means reasonably available to us or to any third party that has access to that anonymised data. We use this anonymous data to analyze request and usage patterns so that we may enhance the content of our services and improve Site navigation. We reserve the right to use anonymous data for any purpose and disclose anonymous data to third parties in our sole discretion.
SHARING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Information We Share
We disclose your personal information as described below and as described elsewhere in this Policy:
- with your consent;
- with third party vendors, consultants and other service providers (including service providers outside of Switzerland, including the United States) who work for us and need access to your information to do that work;
- in connection with or during negotiation of any merger, financing, acquisition, or dissolution, transaction or proceeding involving sale, transfer, divestiture, or disclosure of all or a portion of our business or assets to another company. In the event of an insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership, personal information may also be transferred as a business asset. If another company acquires our company, business, or assets, that company will possess the personal information collected by us and will assume the rights and obligations regarding your personal information as described in this Policy.
Where, as described above, we share personal data with third parties located outside Switzerland and the European Economic Area, the countries to which we transfer it (including the USA) are not regarded as ensuring the same level of protection for personal information. To ensure your personal data is properly protected, we put in place appropriate safeguards (including contractual commitments) to ensure that your personal information is adequately protected. If you would like to know more about how we protect your personal information when it is transferred outside the EEA, or to obtain a copy of the safeguards we put in place to protect your personal information when it is transferred, please contact us using the contact details set out below.
YOUR INFORMATION CHOICES AND CHANGES
You may opt out of receiving promotional emails from us by following the instructions in those emails. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as emails about your accounts or our ongoing business relations. You may also send requests about your contact preferences and changes to your information including requests to opt-out of sharing your personal information with third parties by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Most Web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can choose to set your browser to remove cookies and to reject cookies. If you choose to remove cookies or reject cookies, this could affect certain features or services of our Site. You can also opt out of the placement of certain advertising cookies by visiting http://www.youronlinechoices.com/.
You have certain rights regarding your personal information, subject to local law. These include the following rights to:
- access your personal information
- rectify the information we hold about you
- erase your personal information
- restrict our use of your personal information
- object to our use of your personal information
- receive your personal information in a usable electronic format and transmit it to a third party (right to data portability)
If you would like to discuss or exercise such rights, please contact us by simply sending us an email at: email@example.com.
We encourage you to contact us to update or correct your information if it changes or if the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate.
We will contact you if we need additional information from you in order to honour your requests.
STORAGE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We keep your personal information for as long as we need it to fulfil the purposes for which we collected it (described in more detail below) and to comply with applicable legal and regulatory obligations. In particular, when determining how long we retain personal data, we take into account how long we need it to:
- Maintain business records for analysis and/or audit purposes;
- Comply with record retention requirements under the law;
- Defend or bring any existing or potential legal claims; and
- Deal with any complaints regarding our Sites/any services provided in our Sites.
We will delete your personal information when it is no longer required for these purposes. If there is any information that we are unable, for technical reasons, to delete entirely from our systems, we will put in place appropriate measures to prevent any further processing or use of the data.
We may destroy or delete the personal information we have collected from you at any time, in our discretion. While we use industry standard security measures designed to protect the personal information we collect, no security measures are 100% secure, and we cannot guarantee that your information will be safe or secure. Our responsibility regarding your personal information is limited to cases of intentional misconduct and gross negligence, and we otherwise do not accept any liability for damages resulting from any instances of data breach or data loss.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
This Policy is subject to occasional revision, and if we make any material changes in the way we use your personal information, we will prominently post notice of the changes on our Sites. If you have provided us with your email address, we may also send you an email notifying you of our updated Policy. Continued use of our Site or service, following notice of such changes shall indicate your acknowledgement of such changes and agreement to be bound by the terms and conditions of such changes.
We are Amazentis SA. If you have any questions about this Policy, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by post at EPFL Innovation Park, Bâtiment C, 1015 Lausanne, Switzerland.